“Congrio a lo pobre”

It is a meal with many fried things. It has fried conger, french fries, fried eggs and onions. It is delicious. 

I love it, I eat it since I was very little. I always use to order that when I was at the beach with my family on vacations. It makes me remember my childhood. 

This photo is a proof of that, I take it when I had eleven years old. But this is not "Congrio a lo pobre", it is just fried conger with french fries. I am sorry if that disappoints you. 



Also, I have the mania of spread the french fries in the egg yolk and vice versa, I love to do it.

Fun fact about this food, “pobre” means poor, and it calls like that for a reason. It is a humble and economical dish, which turns to be very tasty and nutritious. I am not very sure about that last thing, but it is a fact that everyone at their houses has potatoes, eggs and onions.

Something that must be add to this meal is a salad, like a mix of tomatoes, avocado and hearts of palm. The perfect combination! You should definitely try it.








Comentarios